My Lovely Friends

Sunday 11 July 2010

Halloween Tilda & Edwin...'oooo ooo' spooky, scary

Good evening crafters hope you have all had a fabulous weekend. Well I've spent a good few hours in my hoobit today.. hoobit what the blooming hell is that??? I mean HOBBIT lol. Anyway I'm doing a different kinda post tonight (pinching tips off the lovely Coops sshhh dont tell her tho) Anyway I have wrote down all the colours I have used to colour in my images.....you know just incase you want to know........etc etc lol. Over at PFP this week is the lovely Crafty Emma, there is a post below this 1 about her shop... this is not a hint move your bums & go have a look.......its about SHOPPING.....yeah thought that would get your attention!!!! Anyway again the challenge is 'Give us a laugh'.......mmm I've nearly blown every damn fuse in my poor ickle brain!!!!! Last week I did my 1st baby card & well this week I've done another 1st.....WOH look at me being smarty pants he he he....I have done an Halloween card because my lovely hubby brought me 10....yes 10 new Magnolia stamps & I got a few Halloween 1s just cus they are adorable....I had these for my birthday which was on Thursday....OMG I'm 38....ah who blooming cares, I truly believe age is just a number & you can be any age you want....unfortunately I havn't aged beyond 10 yet.....mentally that is, the body has a blooming mind of its own.....DAMN IT!!!! Well enough of that here is my 1st Halloween card..... I am really pleased with how it has turned out, you know when you get that picture in your head of what your finished card will look like........yeah well this is NOT my picture, honestly I dont know where this came from..... never mind its cool lol. Here is Edwin doesn't he look quite debonair as Draculaaaaaaa.....he even has gold stickles on his spear....well he is posh as well lol. Here is cutie Tilda who just looks incredibly adorable...she is supposed to have a pumpkin next to her leg but I thought I would cover it up with a pumpkin button instead. I brought a load of buttons off this seller on Ebay ages ago & there was a mixture of everything.....she was giving up her crafting!!!!!! UNTHINKABLE!!!!! but it meant I got a few bargains lol. Tilda of course needs her sparkle so she has diamond stickles on her socks & on the frill around her dress.....I think its the diamond 1 I cant really remember I have a few that are quite similar in colour.....I know I'm useless ;-(
You know I love my easel style card....you can fit more on them!!!! The sentiment is computer generated, I just hope it fits the challenge over at PFP & hopefully at least make them smile, possibly a ickle giggle...maybe!!! On the corners of the sentiment are 2 buttons, a sweet & of course to collect your sweets you need a bag. Next to the sentiment is a wand hanging from a chain, well she will want to cast a spell (trick) on people who pretend are not in!!!!! I like this sentiment & best of all it is very very true!!! We do teach our children never to take sweets off strangers & then encourage them once a year to go 'trick-a-treating'..........DOH!!!! They enjoy it though dont they...
Here is my card in all its glory. The haunted house is actually embossed through my cuttlebug. I got the emboss board about a month ago so its nice to finally use it. I embossed it on white card & then chalked all over it with black & white chalk to make it grey, I put a bit of yellow chalk on the moon & accented parts of the house with black chalk to make it more prominent & the bats I used black stickles to make them stand out more. The other bat, ghost & halloween sign are all from my stash of buttons. Flowers, stars & gems are also from my stash. The papers are from Magnolia....also for my birthday lol.... They are from the So Spooky collection, the black paper on the top is called 'Black Dot' & the paper on the bottom is called 'Halloween Star'. Its the 1st time I've used Magnolia papers but I will DEF be buying more they are lovely to work with. All paper & card have had all the edges distressed with which I used my rotary tool....I have ordered a propper distress tool, a Tim Holtz 1. Also the card was distressed & inkdistressed with black ink before adding any papers, I wanted the edges to look distressed & dark to blend in better. I had money for my birthday as well so you can guess what that has gone on cant you!!!!!! ol. Well I think thats it folks I'm no longer trying to do short posts cus it never works out I just gab on endlessly......I will say sorry tho yet again lol oops!!!! Thank you for having the time to look at my creations you have no idea how much it really does mean to me.......huge big hugs to each & every1 <> mmwah. TTFN hunni's.
Promarkers used are as follows;
Skin-ivory,blush,oatmeal,vanilla & sunkissed-pink.
Edwin Hair-Cool greys 2,4 & 5 Tilda's Hair-Tan,cinnamon & henna
Trousers-peach,ginger & burnt orange Tilda's dress-Lavender & amethyst
Hat & Shoes-amethyst,coolgrey 5 & gold
Edwin's Cloak & Shoes-honeycomb, cool grey 2,4 & 5
Pumpkins-honeycomb & ginger
Take care every1, lotsa hugs vicky xxx
http://craftaliciouschallenges.blogspot.com/ - Cute (I think they look very cute)
http://craftycardmakers.blogspot.com/ - Inky fingers (card was distressed with black ink before papers went on)
http://ilovepromarkers.blogspot.com/ - Distressing (plenty of that on here lol)

21 comments:

Poppet said...

This is a fantastic card Vicky, you must have spent a long time doing it with all the little details you have added. I love the Halloween Edwin & Tilda they are sooo cute. Glad you had a good time making it. hugs :-) xx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Vicky, what a brilliant card. The images are gorgeous and the sentiment is fantastic. Great details and colouring. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Crafty Urchins said...

what a glorious creation, you sure went to alot of trouble with this one and it certainly paid off, absolutely fab.
Sue

Tine said...

Hi and a wonderful card. It obviously has taken you a long time to do but it is brilliant! Love your distressing too. Thanks for entering our Challenge this week & I hope you will join us again at I ♥ Promarkers.
Tine :)

Julie Riley said...

Fantastic card, well done, thank you for joining us at crafty cardmakers x

Anja´s kortkreasjoner said...

Love the Magnolia image and the sentiment. Thank you for joining us at PfP this week, and good luck.
Hugs Anja

Lorraine said...

Well, that is a card and a half. Fantastic, hun. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card, Thanks for joining us at PfP. Sue C x

coops said...

lol, you talking about me, hehe.what a fantastic card vicky.the images are just fabby and the verse is so funny and so true!!
i love the embossed scene and really great colours.i love all your details.
its a cracker of a card hun.
xx coops xx

Debs said...

such a fun card..thanks for joining us at PFP..Debs x

Julie said...

FAb card Vicky!! Great colour scheme and layout!! Belated birthday wishes!! Thanks for joining us at PFP this week! Juliexx

WeirdCat said...

Absolutely gobsmacked, what a brilliant card,thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week,
Ruth x

crafty-stamper said...

brilliant love all the little details and the time was well spent and love your funny descriptions
carol x

Andie's Space said...

Hi Vicky,
This is totally awesome. There is so much work has gone into this & it looks incredible. Love your colouring & the haunted house is fantastic. It's just fabulous!! Thanks for sharing this with us at PFP.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Karen said...

OOoooh wow Vicky, this is flippin brilliant Mrs. Youve got so much on this card and it doesn't look cluttered, it's great, Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

Moshie said...

The is just remarkable!!! I love all the detail and extras you have done! Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious for this fun challenge. Hope to see you back again and again.

hugs, Diana

Emma said...

Sorry the theme gave you such a headache hun...you came up trumps tho with a fabulous card and so much detail. Rofl at the sentiment.
Thanks for joining us at PFP and good luck.
Hugs Emma x

katesacraftybugger said...

This is fabulous , I love it x
thanks for joining us at I ♥ promarkers Kate x

gina g said...

Brilliant card i love it fab detail too. Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious for our challenge this week. luv gina xx

Unknown said...

this is fab, love all the wonderful yummy colours that you have used, such a gorjuss creation, thanks for playin with us at crafty cardmakers xx

Unknown said...

Oh brilliant card - love it!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at Craftalicious

Jan x